- 10 CapriSun (or brand of choice…) juice pouches
- Sewing Machine
- Lay 2 Capri Sun bags side by side, graphics up, so that one bag overlaps the other by about a 1/4 inch. Sew them together at the overlap using a zigzag stitch. Repeat this step to make a front and a back to the Capri Sun purse.
- Sew another 2 bags together as you did in Step 1. Then, cut the bags in half lengthwise and fold each half into thirds. Sew the fold in place using the zig-zag stitch. These are the straps to the Capri Sun purse. Attach one handle to the front and one to the back.
- Make the bottom by overlapping two juice bags using the purse front as a guide to determine the proper length. Sew them together. Create the side panels by sewing a juice bag to the end of the bottom with the graphics facing upright.
- Stitch one side of the front piece to one side piece, making sure the graphics are face the right direction. Leave 1/4 inch at the bottom. Stitch the other side piece to the back. The result should be a “Z” shaped figure with the graphics on one side and the gray on the other side.
- Bend the purse into shape and stitch the remaining sides together, leaving the 1/4 inch at the bottom. The bottom should not be connected to the front or back at this point.
- Attach the front to the bottom. You may find it easier to work with if you fold the purse as you would a paper bag. Do the same to attach the back to the bottom. Sew from one edge all the way to the other. This closes up the gap you left at the bottom of each side seam.