- Petroleum Jelly
- Left Lipstick/Eyeshadow/Cream Blush
- Plastic Zipper Bag
Wash and dry an empty lidded lip gloss pot or eye shadow container.
Scoop 1/2 tablespoon of petroleum jelly into a plastic zippered bag.
- Scrape off a small amount of lipstick, cream blush or mineral eye shadow in the color of your choice and put it in the bag with the petroleum jelly. Start with a small amount to see if the color is the right shade. You can always add more later.
- Close the plastic zippered bag while letting out the air.
- Squeeze and squish the outside of the bag to mix the petroleum jelly with the colored cosmetic. Press gently but thoroughly to blend the color into the petroleum jelly completely.
- Unzip the bag when the mixture looks smooth and the color is even. Dip in the scooping stick or the tip of the spatula and remove a small amount of the colored petroleum jelly. Slide it on your lips to determine if you have achieved the appropriate shade.
- Add more lipstick, blush or shadow if you want to go darker. Close the bag and knead it as you did before.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag once you have the shade you want, and squeeze the lip gloss into the container.